Wednesday, October 08, 2014

A Letter from God to Me


Dear Noelene,

Now, this is what I am saying to you. Don’t be afraid, because I have saved you. I have called you by name, and you are Mine. When you pass through the water, I will be with you. When you cross rivers, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, nor will the flames consume you. this is because I, the Lord, am you God. You are precious to Me, because I give you honor and love you.
We live in this world; therefore, we are going to have difficult times. God has given each one of us freedom of choice; some of the decisions we make will be wrong and we must face the consequences of those decisions. Sometimes circumstances will be beyond our control – people we love will hurt us. However, God has given us His assurance He will be with us through everything. God’s letter to me went on to say:
Don’t be afraid because I am with you. I formed you and made you for My glory. I chose you so you would know and believe Me; so you would understand I am the true God. I, Myself, am the Lord, I am the only Saviour. I, Myself, have spoken, saved, and told you these things. I will send armies to Babylon for you, and I will knock down all its locked gates.
Babylon was a nation during Old Testament times – one of the nations that held the people of God (the Jews) in captivity. In Scripture (particularly prophecy), Babylon is often used to represent opposition to God that leads to bondage. The things in our lives that hold us in bondage – alcoholism, pride, unforgiveness, eating disorders, fear of the future, guilt over the past, etc. – are considered our “Babylon”. Our Babylon usually blocks God’s good and perfect will in our lives.

God promises He will release us and set us free with His armies knocking down the bondages in our lives. He will open gates we have locked against Him because of sin, worries, and insecurities. He will make a way of escape from the bondages that try to hold us hostage. We must grasp this truth: We are not on our own. God will actually send in His armies to destroy the chains sin has on our lives, so we can live every day to the full. His letter to me concludes:
Forget what happened before, and do not think about the past. Look at the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening. Don’t you see it? I will make a road in the desert of your life, rivers in the dry land of your life, and you will sing songs of praise to Me. Noelene, I am the One who forgives all your sins, for My name sake: for My name sake I will not remember your sins. Love God, your Heavenly Father!
(Isaiah 43:1-18, paraphrased)

by Noelene Curry
Author of "God's Promise for Families"
Extract from the book “God’s Promise for Families”

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...