Thursday, May 31, 2012

THE UNANSWERED QUESTION


A minister was asked to conduct the funeral services of a young girl. He called at the home and asked the father if Mary was a Christian. He answered, "I don't know. I don't take as much interest in those things as I ought. Her mother will know. Ask her."

When the mother came in, the minister asked, "Was Mary a Christian?" The mother replied, "I don't know, but she went to Sunday school. Maybe her Sunday school teacher will know!"

The minister asked the Sunday school teacher, "Was Mary a Christian?" Sorrowfully, the teacher said, "I don't know. I had long intended to speak to Mary about the Savior, but somehow, I neglected to do it; now she is gone from us!"

How sad! A soul had gone out to meet God without an earnest effort from anyone to bring her to the Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...